1. Use of Content– Medianista is pleased to make its original content available under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial License, for non-commercial reproduction with credit to the source site. This license permits anyone to do the following with original Medianista content, in any medium:
- a. To reproduce, remix, or otherwise alter original Medianista material so long as the logo is displayed and credit is given. This includes, specifically, permission:
- i. to reproduce quotes
- ii. to reproduce screenshots of any page of a Medianista site
- iii. to include original Mediansta material in mash-ups, mixes, parodies, caricatures, etc… for movies, TV, print, or online
Important Note:This does not include the right to republish images from the Medianista site, for which Medianista may not the copyright holder, except in the context of a screenshot of the whole site. Medianista makes no representations or guarantees about the suitability for third-party use of content that appears on the Medianista site, and licenses herewith only the content of which Medianista is the copyright holder.
2. RSS Feeds–As follows:
- a. Full ad-supported feeds are intended only for personal use in RSS readers.
- b. For all other feed uses, including reproduction on websites, you should only use the Excerpt feeds, unless otherwise agreed with the company.
- c. Please do not splice the RSS feeds into or otherwise redistribute them via third-party RSS providers.
- d. Please do not add content, including any advertisements or other promotional content, to the RSS feeds.
- e. Medianista reserves the right to object to your presentation of the RSS feeds and the right to require you to cease using the RSS feeds at any time.
- f. Medianista further reserves the right to terminate its distribution of the RSS feeds or change the content or formatting of the RSS feeds at any time without notice to you.
3. Web Syndication of Medianista Content
- a. Internal links in the Site content must not be removed.
- b. The Site logo and/or URL should appear on each page displaying site content.
- c. The format or branding of the headlines, text and other information provided in the RSS feeds must not be modified.
- d. “More From…” links back to original Site at the end of each post must be included on content pages and may not be removed.
- a. Reproduction of screenshots from any Site is permissible, without prior written approval, so long as the site logo and URL is fully visible or otherwise included on the page. See above for general permissions on partial content.
- b. The Site logo and URL must appear prominently at the top of each section displaying site content.
- c. Content must be unedited, except for replacement of hyperlinks with full URLs and use of product manufacturer’s site links where appropriate.
- d. Images from a Site must not be used in print without you obtaining the appropriate copyright clearances yourself.
6. Corresponding with MEDIANISTA – Any correspondence with Medianista, or submission of content to us, including any documentation or images, is considered property of Medianista. Medianista reserves the right to reproduce such content, in whole or in part, on any of the sites of its affiliates, and to use it in any way we choose, including sublicensing the content and allowing third parties to republish the material. In submitting something to us, you are representing that the content is yours to give to us.
7. Comments– The comments sections on the Medianista site are accessible to users by invitation only (such invitations coming either from Medianista editors directly or by referral from existing comment users). Medianista comment user registration system has been designed so that, if the user so chooses, they can remain completely anonymous, even to us. Medianista will not accept responsibility for information posted in the Comments. In order to make our comments useful and interesting, the following guidelines have been established for comment users:
- a. Do not post threatening, harassing, defamatory, or libelous material.
- b. Do not intentionally make false or misleading statements.
- c. Do not offer to sell or buy any product or service.
- d. Do not post material that infringes copyright or any other intellectual property interest.
- e. Do not post information that you know to be confidential or sensitive or otherwise in breach of the law.
- f. Keep all comments relevant to the Mediansta Site where the comment is being posted.
- a. Material licensed from photographic archive and video vendors;
- b. Material supplied to our editors or released into the public domain by public relations and marketing companies for press purposes;
- c. Reader-submitted Material, with the implied representation that the person submitting the material owns the copyright in the material and the right to give it to us for use on Medianista. Material published on Flickr or other public photo / video sites with licenses granted under Creative Commons, with attribution in accordance with the Creative Commons license granted in each case. Material commissioned by Medianista
- f. Material that we believe to be covered by the Fair Use Doctrine, taking into account factors such as:
- i. The purpose and character of the use (i.e. transformation from the original, use for criticism, satire or parody
- ii. The nature of the copyrighted work (i.e. factual or newsworthy versus creative works)
- iii. The amount and substantiality of the portion used in relation to the whole (i.e. use of cropped, reduced, low-resolution Material used for no more than to convey the point made)
- iv. The effect on the potential market for the copyrighted work (e.g. use that is not substitutive for the original, or would never be licensed in any event)
- I. For each allegedly infringing image, video or piece of text that you wish to have removed from Medianista, provide the exact permanent URL for the page containing the material.
- II. Provide information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact you:
an email address is preferred, as well as a telephone contact number.
- III. For images, provide the following information detailing your claim to ownership of the copyright in the allegedly infringing image:
- IV. Proof of copyright in the image concerned, namely proof of registration of the Image under the DMCA; OR, absent such registration, a detailed description of where the photograph was taken, by whom, who or what the subject of the image is, and evidence to support your claim that you own the copyright in the image. We will not comply with requests to remove an image where the complainant cannot prove that they own the copyright in the image in question.
- V. Include the following statement: “I swear, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate and that I am the copyright owner or am authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.”
- VI. Sign the document and email it to: medianistas(at)gmail.com
Please note that you will be liable for damages (including costs and attorneys’ fees) if you materially misrepresent that any material on our site is infringing your copyrights. Indeed, in a recent case a company that sent an infringement notification seeking removal of online materials that were protected by the Fair Use doctrine was ordered to pay such costs and attorneys` fees. The company agreed to pay over $100,000. Accordingly, if you are not sure whether material available online infringes your copyright, we suggest that you first contact an attorney. Please note that a copy of each legal notice we receive will be sent (with your personal information removed) to Chilling Effects for publication. We also reserve the right to publish your letter on the Medianista site.
10. External Links Disclaimer– Medianista routinely contains links to external, third party websites. By providing links to other sites, Medianista does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to the Medianista Site. Medianista does not operate or control and has no responsibility for the information, products and/or services found on any external sites. Nor do such links represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any information, products and/or services provided on or through any external sites, including, without limitation, warranties of any kind, either express or implied, warranties of title or non-infringement or implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Visitors to Medianista assume complete responsibility and risk in their use of any external sites. Visitors should direct any concerns regarding any external link to its site administrator or webmaster.
11. General Disclaimer– Medianista is a gossip site. The site publishes both rumors and conjecture in addition to accurately reported information. Information on the site may contain errors or inaccuracies; the sites’ proprietors do not make any warranty as to the correctness or reliability of the sites’ content. Links to content on and quotation of material from other sites are not the responsibility of Medianista. Email sent to the Medianistaterms site is considered our property. The owners of Medianista reserve the right to use aliases during communications and when posting articles to the site. We will respect and protect anonymous sources as tipsters, but all correspondence is considered available for publication. The Medianista site is in compliance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. For more information on the legality of thumbnail usage of photographs, please download the 9th Circuit Court’s ruling in Kelly v. Arriba Soft Corp (July 7th 2003).
12. Information Security– Medianista has technical, administrative and physical safeguards in place to help protect against unauthorized access to, use or disclosure of user information we maintain. Under our security practices and policies, access to personally identifiable information is authorized only for those who have a business need for such access, and sensitive records are to be retained only as long as necessary for business or legal needs and destroyed before disposal. Although we work hard to protect personal information that we collect and store, no program is one hundred percent secure and we cannot guarantee that our safeguards will prevent every unauthorized attempt to access, use or disclose personal information. If you become aware of a security issue, please rcontact us through the contact form. We will work with you to address any problems.
13. Jurisdiction and Applicable Law – This agreement is governed under California law. Any claim or controversy of whatever nature, including but not limited to defamation claims, libel claims, slander claims, tort or contract claims, claims based upon any federal, state or local statute, law, order, ordinance or regulations, and claims relating to or arising out any relationship before, at the time of entering, during the term of, or upon or after expiration or termination of this Agreement, and the issue of arbitrability, arising out of or relating to this Agreement or breach thereof, shall be resolved by final and binding arbitration, administered by the American Arbitration Association in Los Angeles, CA. Judgment upon the award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction. In the event a party brings a lawsuit, claim, or other legal action based on this Agreement in a court of law, such action must be brought in California. All users of Medianista hereby irrevocably consent to the personal jurisdiction of, and exclusive venue for any legal proceeding commenced by or on behalf of users of Medianista, or subjects of articles and comments within Medianista, in the state and federal courts sitting in Los Angeles County, California, USA. In any action or suit to enforce any right or remedy under this Agreement or to interpret any provision of this Agreement, Medianista shall be entitled to recover its costs, including reasonable attorney’s fees. Users and subjects of articles and comments may not assign, sub-license, transfer, encumber or otherwise dispose of this Agreement without our prior written approval. This Agreement shall be binding upon and inure to the benefit of the parties’ successors and lawful assigns. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof and supersedes all prior and contemporaneous agreements or communications.